2021 Acura RDX Safety Features
2021 Acura RDX Safety Features
Check Out The 2021 Model Year RDX Offers
Come visit Spitzer Acura for a closer look at the 2021 Acura RDX features that make this compact sport utility vehicle the perfect blend of function, style, comfort and safety. When you drive the RDX, you’re getting sharper handling, better maneuverability, and a more responsive ride than your average SUV. You’re also getting solid fuel economy at an up to 22 city/28 highway EPA-estimated mpg.
The Acura is powered by a 272 horsepower turbocharged 2.0-liter engine paired with a 10-speed automatic transmission. It’s equipped with a standard Integrated Dynamics System that gives you four drive modes to choose from including Comfort, Sport, Sport+, and Snow. The 2021 RDX also gives you your choice of either a front-wheel or all-wheel drivetrain.
Choose from five trims—the Base, Technology Package, A-Spec Package, Advance Package, and PMC Edition—to customize the functions, features, and comfort level to your specific needs.
Standard Safety Features in the 2021 Acura RDX
Every RDX model is equipped with AcuraWatch standard. AcuraWatch is a suite of advanced safety and driver-assistive technologies that help keep you safer and more aware on the road. AcuraWatch includes:
- Collision Mitigation Braking System™—uses radar and a forward-facing camera to monitor a safe distance between you and the vehicle ahead of you. CMBS issues an audio alert and flashing Brake Warning on the multi-information display when it recommends braking
- Adaptive Cruise Control w/ Low-Speed Follow—helps you maintain a set distance between you and the car ahead by modulating the throttle and applying moderate braking when necessary
- Lane Keeping Assist System—uses a forward-facing camera to help keep your RDX centered in its detected highway lane. LKAS initiates a slight tug to alert you to detected lane departure
- Road Departure Mitigation System—issues a warning message when it detects your RDX is about to leave the road. Uses the active steering function of the LKAS to guide you back into your detected lane
- Auto High Beam Headlights—automatically dim the 3 inner projectors of the Jewel Eye™ LED Headlights headlights when other vehicles are detected, while keeping the outer low-beam projectors on to light the road ahead
- Multi-View Rear Camera w/ Dynamic Guidelines—gives you 3 selectable views. Advanced Package includes a Surround-View Camera System that gives a 360-degree view of your surroundings
Step Up Your Safety with Available Driver Assist Features
Your Acura RDX offers available advanced safety features when you want the ultimate driving peace of mind. These include:
- Blind Spot Information System—continuously monitors behind and beside your RDX for other vehicles to help with stress-free lane changes
- Rear Cross Traffic Monitor—uses radar to detect vehicles approaching from the sides of your RDX. Alerts you to their presence with an audible alert and visual alerts in the rear camera display
The Advanced Technology of Head-Up Warning
The available Head-Up Display in the Acura RDX is inspired by fighter jet technology. It projects important driving information onto the lower windshield of your SUV so you never have to look away from the road while driving. You can customize your display, choosing from a digital speedometer, tachometer, compass, turn-by-turn directions, safety feature status, and more.
Stop into McMurray Acura today to see the many standard and available safety features of the 2021 Acura RDX. Contact us to test drive this SUV loaded with technology including Android Auto™ and Apple CarPlay® connectivity, comfortable front and rear seating, and style features that will make your neighbors take notice.